The Oracle Database 18c software is available for Exadata installations and can be downloaded from https://edelivery.oracle.com.
- This is in line with Oracle’s Cloud & Engineered Systems First policy.
- The 18c version is announced for onprem for July 2018.
But attention please !!!
- My first Oracle Database 18c installation is now running on a virtual box.
- This is of course not supported, but great for playing with new features.
my „exadata in a box“ 🙂
Many thanks to @andrewlacy2 for his research and support.
Here are the steps i have taken:
- Oracle virtual box OEL 7.4 minimal installation
- ssh connect as root to my vbox instance
- configure public oracle yum repo
- yum install oracle-database-server-12cR2-preinstall #oracle-database-server-18c-preinstall not available now
- usermod -a -G vboxsf oracle #grant permission for vbox file share access
- mkdir -p /u01/app/
- chown oracle:oinstall /u01/app
- su – oracle
- mkdir -p /u01/app/oracle/product/18.0.0/dbhome_1
- cd /u01/app/oracle/product/18.0.0/dbhome_1
- unzip /media/sf_CSoftware/Oracle/Ora18c/V974953-01.zip
- export DISPLAY=<my-vbox-ip>:0.0
- export ORACLE_HOME=/u01/app/oracle/product/18.0.0/dbhome_1
- cd $ORACLE_HOME
- ./runInstaller & # used software only installation!!!
- ./bin/dbca -createDatabase -initParams „_exadata_feature_on=true“
Well done 🙂